The unseen key to the success of every ministry from the church. Our vision is to establish a strong and healthy foundation of prayer across Ascension Trust.
Our Prayer Vision…
It is our vision to create a strong and healthy foundation of prayer across Ascension Trust.
Our goal is for prayer to be a vital part of every project. The Ascension Trust Prayer Team aims to mobilise prayer, by:
- Providing prayer training materials for Street Pastors & Prayer Pastors
- Facilitating Prayer Pastors training across the country
- Organising Prayer Gathering Days in various areas, to encourage and inspire
- Helping coordinators / prayer coordinators to implement the prayer strategy at a local level.
We want to develop a culture of prayer at every level of Ascension Trust, where street pastors, prayer pastors, coordinators and trustees are united in depending on God alone for direction, provision and protection in each initiative.
Importance of Prayer- prayer is important because it is about our relationship with God.
In prayer, we learn to keep in step with the Holy Spirit and go deeper with God.
Prayer is our God-given weapon, as we take a stand with His authority against the dark powers that want to take over our cities and nations.
As we pray, we receive strength and faith to continue in the work we are called to: shining God’s light into dark places.
National Prayer Team (ATPR’S)
Why do Street Pastors pray?
Christians pray because they want to talk to God about the people and situations in their life – they want to acknowledge and include God in all they do.
Street pastors believe that prayer and action go together, so it’s important to pray and it’s important to do something practical.
Christians believe that God teaches us to pray as our spiritual default response; we believe that through prayer God can change us and our world.
What is a Prayer Pastor?
Prayer is important to us, and our Prayer Pastors are a vital part of what we do.
A Prayer Pastor is someone with a desire to make a difference through prayer in the city/town they live in, and willing to invest in the lives of others.
A prayer pastor must be a committed Christian, over 18 years, an active part of a local church, available to cover one prayer shift a month, ideally at base, (but possibly from home in some locations) and willing to undertake some training.
- Come to base, support the street pastor teams any way they can and ‘pray them out’
- Stay in contact with the street pastor team on patrol and keep a log of calls & incidents
- Respond to specific needs and situations that arise
- Pray for protection and divine appointments
- See frequent answers to their prayers
- Welcome the street pastors back with refreshments
- Pray to finish the evening, after debriefing
What is a Prayer Partner? to be added
- May not be able to come to base, but are willing to pray from home
- Are often friends, family and fellow church members of Street Pastors
- Have been asked by their street pastor to pray for them personally when they patrol
- Depend on their street pastor to report back on the night’s patrol
- Are welcome to join prayer pastors for prayer training as well as any regular prayer times (whether monthly or quarterly)
- Each street pastor is encouraged to have at least three prayer partners for support
A prayer for Street Pastors
Living God, we praise you for the vision that gave birth to Street Pastors and for every life and every community that has been touched through this movement of your Spirit.
We thank you for every street pastor and we pray for them as they share your love with others. We ask for your protection and encouragement, your wisdom and courage and an ever deepening faith in and love for you.
We pray for those they meet week by week in the pubs and clubs, in the late night cafes, on the streets and at the bus stops.
May those who are lonely be warmed by your presence; those who are bruised and hurting find healing in your love; those that are ashamed and without hope be set free by your forgiveness and grace.
Lord Jesus Christ, you came to seek and to save the lost. Thank you for the privilege of being your hands and feet, your eyes and your heart where we live.
Give us eyes that see as you see, hearts that love as you love, and words that bring life and peace.
And in it all, Lord God, give us thankfulness, generosity and joy in serving you, who to serve is perfect freedom and who to know is Life eternal.
God of Grace, to you be honour, praise and glory, from everlasting to everlasting, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. AMEN!
Lots of prayer pastors have been encouraged by God answering their prayers, read some of their testimonies below:
“Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.”
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Do you love to pray? Get in touch with Ascension Trust and we’ll let you know your nearest Street Pastor team so you can get involved in making a difference through prayer.
Let’s talk: email@example.com
Training & Events
Train The Trainer- Prayer Trainer Course
Do you love to pray? Do you have training skills? You could be our next Prayer Trainer! The vision of Ascension Trust is to strengthen prayer right across the Street Pastor network, by providing training in prayer at all levels.