Ascension Trust General Privacy Notice
How the information we hold on you will be used
1. Personal data is any information about a living individual which allows them to be identified (eg a name, email address, address, image, ID number). Identification can be by the personal data alone or in conjunction with any other information.
2. Your information/personal data will be held by Ascension Trust. You can contact the Ascension Trust as a data controller and for any data protection enquires by post by writing to:
Data Protection Officer
158 Garth Road
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by telephone on 020 8330 2809.
3. Ascension Trust is a charity registered in the UK and the umbrella body for a wider network of initiatives in the UK, who all work together to deliver the Ascension Trust’ mission in communities throughout the UK. We may need to share personal data that we hold with them so that they can carry out their responsibilities in our communities. Ascension Trust along with initiatives coming under our umbrella are joint data controllers and all responsible to you for how your personal data is processed. This privacy notice is sent to you by Ascension Trust on our own behalf and on behalf of these other data controllers.
4. As data controllers we will comply with our legal obligations towards you to keep any personal data we hold on you up to date; to store and destroy it securely; not to collect or retain excessive or unnecessary amounts of data; to keep your personal data secure, and protect it from loss, unauthorised access, misuse and disclosure.
5. We will use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes:
(a) to enable us to deliver the Ascension Trust mission to our local communities, and to carry out other charitable or voluntary activities for public benefit as provided for in the governing document and statutory framework of Ascension Trust and its other joint controllers;
(b) to fundraise and promote our work;
(c) to send you communications which you may have requested or that may be of interest to you about our operations, events, fundraising activities, campaigns and appeals.
(d) to process a donation that you have made (including Gift Aid information);
(e) to maintain our records and accounts;
(f) to keep you notified of changes to the service that we provide, events or personnel within Ascension Trust;
(g) to seek your comments or views;
(h) to process applications for a role;
6. We may process the following personal data:
(a). Names, titles, aliases, photographic images.
(b) Contact details, eg telephone numbers, addresses and email addresses.
(c)Where relevant we may process demographic information such as your date of birth, marital status, nationality, family composition, dependants, education/work histories, academic/professional qualifications and employment details.
(d)Where you make donations or pay for activities or merchandise, financial identifiers such as bank account numbers, payment card numbers, payment/transaction identifiers, policy numbers, and claim numbers.
(e)Other operational personal data created, obtained, or otherwise processed in the course of Ascension Trust carrying out our activities including, but not limited to, recordings of telephone conversations, IP addresses and website visit histories, and logs of visitors.
(f )The data we process will likely include sensitive personal data because as a Christian organisation the fact that we process your data may be suggestive of your religious beliefs. Ascension Trust may also process other categories of sensitive personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, and the processing of genetic data, data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, and data concerning health.
7. Whilst we will rely on your consent as a legal basis for this processing, we will also have a legitimate interest for processing your personal data in order to facilitate the Ascension Trust mission. As a religious organisation we may process information about your religious believe to administer membership or contact details. Whilst exercising our legitimate interest we will always take into account your interests, rights and freedoms.
8. Some of our processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. Where your personal data is used other than in accordance with one of these legal bases, we will first obtain your consent to that use.
9. Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. It will only be shared with third parties including other data controllers where it is necessary for the performance of our tasks or where you first give us your prior consent.